Every Wednesday. 6:30PM-8:00PM. $10 per Session.
Drop-in Anytime. No Reservations. Pay at the Door.
Instructor: Chris Emery
Not sure if you want to take improv classes? This is where you should start. Want to continue with your improv training? Improv lab is for you too!
Pay for Improv Lab see Harold Night at 8PM for FREE!
Special Improv Lab Six Pack – $50.00 (Save $10)
- Six Sessions for the price of Five!
- Pay for your Six Pack now and a punch card will be waiting at the Comedy Spot. You must bring your punch card to each session
Who should attend Improv Lab?
- New improv students who want to get a taste of what we have to offer.
- People who want to have fun each week doing something creative.
- Improv students who have completed Improv 101 and want to continue to work on their skills.
- Improv Lab is for adults. The minimum age to attend is 17 years old.
Improv Lab Description
Every time you drop into Improv Lab we will be focusing on a new improv skill including: improv basics such as how to accept and build on other players’ ideas, how to find the pattern of the scene, and how to establish a solid foundation. You will also be learning skills such as character, space objects, environment, and playing to the top of your intelligence.
For new students Improv Lab is like putting your toe in the water. You get a test what we have to offer. Improv Lab is also good for our students who have taken Improv 101 and want to continue their training. You will have fun, meet great people, and learn improv skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Our style of improv is taught in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles and is the same style that many top comedians studied before launching successful television and movie careers; comedians including Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Paul Rust, Aziz Ansari, Paul Scheer, Will Ferrell, and Matt Besser.
Former Students/ Performers
Former performer Jeff Sloniker currently performs with the sketch group The Midnight Show in Los Angeles which is currently touring with Drew Carey. Jeff has also appeared on Reno 911 and The Daily Habit on FuelTV. Former student/performer Betsy Sodaro was in the NBC show Animal Practice and performers with the sketch group Cream in Los Angeles and is a cast member on the Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company.