Open Mic stand-up comedy show is part of our up-and-coming talent night series. You see comedians that are new to performing, some seasoned veterans, and every level in between. Any comedian, regardless of skill, can perform. It’s exciting! It’s raw! It’s hilarious, AND sometimes not-so-hilarious, stand-up comedy.
PERFORMERS: Please read the Performer Information and Guidelines section, below. Doors open and signups begin and end 30 minutes before show time. No additional signups will be taken once the show begins.
PERFORMER INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
Thank you for wanting to performing during Open Mic at the Comedy Spot! Our goal is to give you a place to learn and perform and to put on the best show possible. Here are some things you should know:
- You must be at least 18 years old to perform.
- If you are performing, you will not be charged admission.
- You will receive a maximum of 5 minutes of stage time. Sometimes we give less time, depending on how many comedians are performing.
- Don’t feel that you have to use your full time if you don’t have material.
- Please do not “run the light” (go over your time). You will receive a red light signal when you have one minute left.
- We try to get as many people on stage as possible. The show usually runs 2 hours. Sometimes, we can’t accommodate everyone. If you don’t make the list, please try again on a future night.
- Sign-ups begin at 7:30pm. The host will meet you outside or in the lobby. No additional sign-ups will be taken once the show begins.
- We do not take early sign-ups.
- The host is in charge of who performs; they make the list. It takes a while to make the list, so be patient and respectful. They are doing their best to get you on stage.
- The list will be announced right before the show starts.
- If you bring someone who pays for a ticket, we will get you on stage, as long as you and the guest are present at 7:30, when signups begin.
- Please be quiet backstage; the audience can hear you.
- Be respectful to other comedians and Comedy Spot staff.
- Respect the audience. They’ve paid to see you. Don’t shit on them.
- We do not want to censor you, but we will shorten your set if it is outright offensive or hateful. We will also limit your set if you are are attacking the audience or if you aren’t telling jokes.