Our Open Mic weekly stand-up comedy show is where you will see comedians that are new to performing, some seasoned veterans, and every level in between. Any comedian, regardless of skill, can perform. It’s exciting! It’s raw! It’s hilarious, AND sometimes not-so-hilarious, stand-up comedy.
PERFORMER INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
Thank you for wanting to performing during Open Mic at the Comedy Spot! Our goal is to give you a place to learn and perform and to put on the best show possible. Here are some things you should know:
- Sign-ups are at 7:30 pm. The Open Mic host will meet you outside.
- We do not take early sign-ups. No sign-ups are taken once the show starts.
- The show starts at 8:00 pm and is over by 10:00 pm.
- You must be 18 years or older to perform.
- We have about 20 comics on each Open Mic. Regrettably, some of you may not make the final list. The listed will be posted right before the show starts.
- Regardless of whether or not you make the list, you DO NOT have to pay to watch the show.
- You can not smoke weed on the boardwalk, in front of, or around the Comedy Spot.
If you are selected…
- Each comedian gets 4 or 5 minutes. Please do not “run the light” by going over your time.
- When you have 1 minute left, we will turn on a red light in front of you on the back wall, near the logo. If you hear music, you must end your set immediately.
- You don’t have to use your full time. Just say, “That’s all I have for tonight,” and we will move on to the next comedian.
- The next three comedians to perform will be posted on the televisions. Once you see your name on the television, you may go backstage through the black curtains near the bathroom. Please be quiet backstage.
- We don’t censor comedians, but we will limit your time if you are hateful, attack the audience, or aren’t telling jokes.
- Tell jokes, have fun, and please be nice to our audience, staff, and other comedians.