- Bar/Box/Tech Shift Schedule
- Public Calendar – All shows, classes, and events
- FAQ – Comedy Spot frequently-asked questions
- Box Office and Bar Comps and Discounts
- Open Mic Pre-Show Script
- Comedy Spot Performer Photo Page
- Helix Performer List
- Job Descriptions & Responsibilities
- Employee Policies
- Misconduct Policy
- Performer Policies & Etiquette
- Guide for Guests with Special Needs
- Incidence Response Guidelines
Starting Tabs / Open Tickets – Take a credit card from the person requesting a tab and leave it on the till while it is open. This is a reminder to you and them that it will need to be closed.
Gift Card Redemption / Check Balance – Instructions for older plastic gift cards issued via Square.
• Saturday bartenders do not need to stock the cooler at the end of their shift. This allows for easier inventory counting and rearrangement by management.
• Greg Sabin does not get paid for show performances. In exchange, he does not have to pay for his own beer.
Box Office vs. Phone Sales Tabs on VBO
• Phone Sales is the option to use when adding a comp to a guest list in advance of the show. This will allow you to include their name. Click the space bar in required fields of information that you do not need or have (address, etc.) in order to bypass them.
• Guests accrue points for ticket purchases that can be redeemed (online only) for free tickets to a future show. If a guest buys tickets at the box office and wants to get points for their purchase, please send the following to Tina so points can be manually added.
–> name and email (or rewards number, if provided)
–> name of show(s)
–> number of tickets purchased
• Open Mic – All comedians that sign up on the list will get a playing card. They present this to the box office so you know they can be admitted for free. (Any local comedian may see Open Mic for free, regardless.)
• Board Members – Comedy Spot board members do not have to pay admission for shows under $15.
- When arriving at the training center, please check that everything is in tidy, welcoming order for students. For any issues or supply needs, please contact Tina Jett: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-803-6183.
- Please reset your classroom for the next instructor: chairs in place, whiteboard erased, etc.
STUDENT IDs – IDs should be given to each student on the first night of class, along with two (2) free tickets to see Anti-Cooperation League.
- Fill in the student name and expiration (month/year containing the final night of class)
- IDs allow free admission to any show Tuesday through Thursday, when presented at the box office. (Not valid for shows with a price of $15 or higher.) Must be used by the student, only.
PAYMENT – Instructors are paid via Venmo on the Monday following the first night of class.
STUDENT TRANSFER/DROP – Please have students email email@example.com for assistance with enrollment changes.
- Helix Improv Form
- Improv Taste Test Instructor Guide
- Improv Warm-Up Games
- Short-Form Improv Games
- Improv Glossary